Boys & Girls Clubs of Albany’s number one priority is keeping kids safe. We are committed to continually improving and updating our safety policies and practices to ensure young people are protected. We utilize a number of different practices to ensure children are safe, including:
- Mandatory criminal background checks.
- Immediately reporting any incident regardless of severity to the appropriate authorities and then to Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
- A Board-led Safety Committee elevating safety to the highest level of governance.
- Safety Committee Chairperson: Larry Price
- Completion of a mandatory annual safety assessment for each of our sites.
- Engaging leading third party safety experts on training, policies and resources.
- Continual updates to Clubs’ sexual abuse prevention polices, practices, and trainings that align with best practices of healthcare and school-based settings.
- Impactful training and resources for Club youth and families focused on mental health and social-emotional development.