We love our Alumni and would like for you to come join us at the Clubs anytime! There are plenty of opportunities for you to be involved! Check out some of the many ways that you can give back to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Albany. .
ALUMNI VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
There are numerous ways to support your local Club. As a past member you have unique perspective that can help inspire the next generation of young people. Consider the following volunteer opportunities.
- Boys & Girls Club Alumni Ambassador – Alumni can play an active advocacy role for kids and teens by serving as a Club ambassador. Make presentations to corporate and civic entities, promote the Club via social media campaigns, or organize a fundraising and awareness campaign at your place of work.
- Homework Helpers/Tutors – Tutors assist children ages 6-18 through targeted, consistent educational support. They help Club members with homework, reading, research papers, projects, etc. Bilingual volunteers are highly encouraged to participate.
- STEM Program Volunteers – Share your passion for science, technology, engineering and math with Club members. Support our DIY STEM, Robotics, and Tech programs.
- Culinary Arts/Cooking Program Volunteers – Help expand our Club members’ understanding and appreciation of cooking and nutrition by teaching basic cooking techniques and nutrition that inspire them to develop healthy eating habits.
- Performing Arts Volunteers – Volunteers in this area help to enhance our Club members’ knowledge and understanding of the Performing Arts by developing creative classes and workshops. These classes should stimulate growth and expression and inspire members through learning music, dance, and theatre.
- Sports, Fitness and Recreation Volunteers – Sports volunteers bring their love of sports to our youth through seasonally coaching a specific sport such as baseball or by volunteering on a weekly basis to administer our sports and recreation program activities.
- Fine Arts Volunteers – Volunteers in this area use their artistic background to develop classes that help our Club members discover new ways to express themselves through artistic pathways such as painting, photography and cinematography.
- Teen Night Volunteers – Teen Nights are for middle and high school youth in our communities. Adults are needed to build relationships with teens and interact with them in this safe, fun, and age-appropriate environment. Volunteers must be outgoing and interested in building positive relationships with teens.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Albany takes the safety and well-being of young people very seriously. All volunteers who will have contact with young people will be required to complete an annual background check. If you have previously been convicted of any violent crimes, offenses related to drugs or crimes against a child, you are not eligible to volunteer for our organization.
Join our volunteer team and make an impact on the life of a child. Please complete the following:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Albany Volunteer Application – Click here to download.
- National Criminal Background Check
- Attend Volunteer Orientation and Mandated Reporters training.
*Volunteers must be 21 years or older
**Court ordered volunteers are not accepted.