Boys & Girls Clubs of Albany depends on a cadre of dedicated volunteers to help deliver programs and services to youth and families in our community. If you can contribute an hour or more per week, consider joining our volunteer team. Serving at a Club presents an opportunity to make an impact and effect positive change in the lives of young people. Continue reading to learn more about our volunteer program. For more information, pease contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Albany presents volunteers with an opportunity to have a significant positive impact on the academic and social success of youth by promoting the values of hard work, helpfulness, fairness, personal responsibility and respect for others. You have the power to make a difference! At Boys & Girls Clubs of Albany, our goals are ambitious, but we know we can achieve them because we have the support of caring people in the community – like you. Consider the following volunteer opportunities:
- Homework Helpers/Tutors – Tutors assist children ages 6-18 through targeted, consistent educational support. They help Club members with homework, reading, research papers, projects, etc. Bilingual volunteers are highly encouraged to participate.
- STEM Program Volulnteers – Share your passion for science, technology, engineering and math with Club members. Support our DIY STEM, Robotics, and Tech programs.
- Culinary Arts/Cooking Program Volunteers – Help expand our Club members’ understanding and appreciation of cooking and nutrition by teaching basic cooking techniques and nutrition that inspire them to develop healthy eating habits.
- Performing Arts Volunteers – Volunteers in this area help to enhance our Club members’ knowledge and understanding of the Performing Arts by developing creative classes and workshops. These classes should stimulate growth and expression and inspire members through learning music, dance, and theatre.
- Sports, Fitness and Recreation Volunteers – Sports volunteers bring their love of sports to our youth though seasonally coaching a specific sport such as baseball or by volunteering on a weekly basis to administer our sports and recreation program activities.
- Fine Arts Volunteers – Volunteers in this area use their artistic background to develop classes that help our Club members discover new ways to express themselves through artistic pathways such as painting, photography and cinematography.
The ideal volunteer for the Boys & Girls Clubs is an engaging, high-energy, self-starter who has a passion for working with kids! The Clubs are fun, active environments with lots of different activities taking place at a given time. While there are adult and youth staff in each program area, they are often working with the youth leading programs and are not always able to stop what they’re doing to provide volunteers with specific details on their activity. Successful volunteers are those that are able to jump in and help with whatever activity is taking place with minimal direction.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Albany takes the safety and well-being of young people very seriously. All volunteers who will have contact with young people will be required to complete an annual background check. If you have previously been convicted of any violent crimes, offenses related to drugs or crimes against a child, you are not eligible to volunteer for our organization.
Join our volunteer team and make an impact on the life of a child.
Please complete the following:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Albany Volunteer Application – Click here to download
- National Criminal Background Check
- Attend Volunteer Orientation and Mandated Reporters training
Read our Volunteer Handbook – Click here to download
*Volunteers must be 21 years or older
**Court ordered volunteers are not accepted.